Monday 26 January 2015

Tilda fabric table makeover

   These are the old tables that just looked drab and boring.
So I found some Annie Sloane off white paint and got to work. I love this paint no prep, no sanding, no primer, just slap it on and it covers everything. I did 2 coats to be sure and then used wax to seal.
I then found some Tilda fat quarters and made up some mats.
The smallest table I just used part of 1 fat quarter.
The middle sized table I just cut some squares and made up a pattern I liked.
The largest table I cut stripes. This is the best I think, more my style.
I have never tried patchwork before so it was fun to have a play with the fabric and see what happened.
I wanted them to all be different but randomly go together. They are used in different areas of the room.
They have brought a brighter fresh feel to the north facing room.
I would like to make more in the future to go with the seasons and occasions like Easter and summer would be fun.

I have nearly finished my third x-stitch. I hope to have pictures up on wednesday , I am on the back stitching at last.

Happy stitching

Tina 



No comments:

Post a Comment