Tuesday 16 September 2014

x-stitch so far

 
Hi,
  cross stitch is something I have enjoyed for many years. I prefer to stitch in daylight, I find it much easier to see.  The daylight bulbs are good but not the same.  


I have been working on some stitching for a family wall for the hall. I have already made up a button picture for our family name and have made a start on birthdate pictures for our children, my son and step-daughters. I wanted to have a common theme to run through the pictures so after much searching I chose All our yesterdays. Everyone who likes x-stitch will know these little figures straight away they have been popular for many years. 



I have taken all 3 pictures from this book. Daniels picture is for a bookmark so I just carries on the width of the background to fill the frame.


I am using the to pictures of the girls in the sea for Kirsten and Molly's pictures.

I still have a way to sew but they are easy quick projects and fun bright colours to work with. I may do another for a wedding sampler, I like the 2 children on the swing (on the back of the book). As I say the wall is going to have different crafts on it so as I make things I'm setting them out to build up a sort of collage. I have a book with crochet butterflies that I would like to do something with in a frame. Different textures for interest is what I'm thinking .

What projects are other crafters working on I would love to know, please leave a comment.

Whatever you are working on today, enjoy

Tina x


No comments:

Post a Comment