Wednesday 17 September 2014

New Look cherry dress


The packet said easy so I thought I would try and make it in this...........


My lovely mother treated me to this fabric on our day out at Olympia sewing show back in march.
I seam to have bought too much as there is loads left.  I think it would be really fun to make into PJ
trousers.Tilly and the buttons has a great pair in her book which I been looking through day dreaming. No spend fun, cosy pj's ready for winter fab, 

Back to the dress, not the easy sew it made out to be. I had fun and games with the zip but after a look on youtube and the help of a seam ripper it's in. How long it will last I don't know but it's in .
I need more practice with zips maybe Tilly's book will help with that to. There are some lovely dresses in there.  

I love the overall look of the dress and think the fit is flattering, being pear shaped it's had to find dresses to fit my waist and hips. I did some alterations on the fit as I went along I found trying it on myself and MEME helpful. After so many changing room disappointments  I always worry things will be too tight on the hips.

So here I am, happy in my new dress already dreaming of the next challenge ..............

No comments:

Post a Comment